Drinking coffee and tea is a normal part of being an adult. It is as if in order to fully function and perform at your best, you need to drink a cup of tea or coffee each day. Where tea and coffee both have their own distinct qualities, there is one tea that can get you through the day better than either tea or coffee. If you still haven’t guessed it yet, we are talking about green tea!
Green tea has proven to increase the rate of your metabolism and help you to lose fat. So if you have a diet plan that involves exercises and eating healthy foods, you can add green tea to boost your caloric burn and enjoy weight loss. Apart from boosting your metabolism, green tea has other health benefits, including:
- It improves brain activity and memory.
- Helps to manage blood sugar levels.
- It helps to relieve stress and anxiety.
- May reduce headaches or other pains.
- Regulates the cholesterol in the body by getting rid of bad cholesterol.
- Drinking green tea can help with bad breath and cavities.
- Reduces the fat percentage in the body.
- Washing hair with green tea can give you a healthy scalp and stronger hair.
- Green tea has anti-aging and anti-inflammatory properties.
How to Prepare Green Tea
Start by purchasing loose green tea from a trustworthy brand in store or online.
Unlike other teas, green tea has a short seeping and boiling time. Start by boiling a cup of water in a pot or an electric kettle.
When the water starts boiling, put in a teaspoon of your loose green tea leaves in the water and steep for 1-2 minutes. Turn off the heating element after adding your leaves.
Notice the color of the water has changed (light greenish), then strain out the leaves and pour the tea. To enhance the flavor of the tea, add a few drops of lemon or a teaspoon of honey. Stir and enjoy your tasty and healthy cup of homemade green tea!
Try pairing green tea with rooibos tea. This tea is equally delicious and has many great health benefits.