When we talk about dessert, sweetness titillates our mind. But not all savory hot desserts are a sugary mess. If you don’t know how to make such desserts, in this article, we have added some savory hot dessert recipes that you need to try.
Carrot Oatmeal Cake
Are you looking for a savory food for your breakfast? You can try this carrot oatmeal cake that is the perfect start to the day. It offers a great flavor, texture, and nutrients. It takes only 13 minutes to prepare. So, why don’t you try it?
In order to make carrot oatmeal cake, you need the following ingredients:
- Quick-cook oats (1-2 cup).
- Almond milk and water.
- Grated carrot and apple.
- Coconut flakes (unsweetened).
- Seedless raisins.
- Nutmeg and ginger (1 pinch each).
- Vanilla extract (1 or 2 teaspoons).
After getting all these ingredients together, follow the below steps:
- Step 1: Mix almond milk with water and start boiling.
- Step 2: When it reaches the boiling point, add oats into it, and stir. Leave it for 2 minutes on low heat.
- Step 3: Now add carrots, coconut flakes, apple, and raisins and cook for another 3 minutes on low heat.
- Step 4: You can see that the oatmeal is becoming very thick. When it starts getting thick, add ginger, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and nutmeg and cook it for another 2 minutes.
- Step 5: Now, it is ready. You can serve it on a bowl and for the toppings, you can add coconut flakes and cinnamon.
Another savory hot dessert you need to try is monkey bread, which is rich in cheese and bacon. It is so tasty that you will never want to share it with anyone. The preparation time of this hot dessert is around 55 minutes. So, are you interested to know how to make this hot dessert recipe? Check out the following suggestions:
Ingredients for making this hot dessert recipe:
- 1 biscuit dough tube.
- 3 bacon slices.
- 1/4 stick of butter.
- 1 egg.
- 1 tbsp milk.
- ¾ cup shredded cheese.
You can make this savory hot dessert in just a few steps:
- Take bacon slices and cook them in the oven for 20 minutes at 400 Fahrenheit.
- Cut the bacon into small pieces.
- Take the tin foil and shape it like a container box for the monkey bread. You can easily do it with the help of a box; just fold the foil around the box.
- Melt butter in the container box on very low heat.
- Now, make small balls from the biscuit dough and put those in the container box.
- Add cheese, milk, bacon, and egg to the container and mix it well with the small balls.
- Bake it for 25 minutes at 350 Fahrenheit, then it is ready to serve.
So, what are you waiting for? Try these savory hot dessert recipes today.