Coffee is one of the most consumed drinks from all over the world. It is known for its bitterness caffeine that wakes up the brain and your muscles. Coffee is considered a necessary part of some people’s routine because it gives them the energy they need to get on with their day or to finish a workout.
The thing about coffee is that it comes in a variety of flavors depending on your preferences. You can serve it light and add a lot of milk or cream, or sweeten it with sugar. Similarly, you might choose to go with readymade syrups, but these sometimes include artificial flavors, chemicals, corn syrup, or other less desirable additives. These things are also not really good for your health and they can even be expensive. Why ruin good coffee with bad terrible syrups?
So, to get you out of this dilemma the easiest solution is to make your own homemade syrup. It is surprisingly easy to make and incredibly flavorful.
- 1 cup sugar.
- ¾ cup hot water divided.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla.
- 1 pinch salt.
- Mix ¼ cup water and the sugar in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Dissolve the sugar completely.
- Turn heat to high, cover, and boil for two minutes.
- Uncover and stir gently while boiling the mixture turns a deep amber color.
- Remove from heat.
- Very carefully, add the rest of the water until the bubbles settle.
- Stir in vanilla and salt.
- Let cool in the first; keeps for up to six months.
Try replacing the caramel you have been using with this recipe and see if it delights your taste buds. You can even try adding it to your homemade iced coffee!