If you’re a beer lover, Portland is the place to be. With more breweries than any other city in the world, Portland is a mecca for craft beer. And with so many great choices, it can be tough to decide which ones to visit. Good thing we’ve got you covered. We have six picks for the best breweries in Portland, so you can make the most of your beer-drinking experience.
6 Best Breweries in Portland
Widmer Brothers Brewing
One of the original craft breweries in Portland, Widmer Brothers has been putting out quality beer for over 30 years. With a wide variety of styles, there’s something for everyone at Widmer Brothers. And if you’re looking for something truly unique, be sure to check out their rotating selection of small-batch beers.
Deschutes is one of the largest craft breweries in the country, and they’re located right here in Portland. They offer a great selection of year-round beers, as well as a rotating lineup of seasonal and limited-release beers. If you’re looking for a brewery that offers a little bit of everything, Deschutes is a great choice.
Cascade is known for their sour beers, and they’re definitely worth a visit if you’re a fan of tart and funky flavors. They offer a wide variety of sour beers, as well as some more traditional styles. And if you’re feeling adventurous, you can even try one of their barrel-aged sours.
Breakside is another great choice for beer lovers looking for a little bit of everything. They offer a wide range of styles, from hoppy IPAs to dark stouts. And they’re always experimenting with new recipes, so you never know what you might find on tap.
Base Camp Brewing
Base Camp is all about adventure, and that extends to their beer. They offer a selection of year-round beers, as well as a rotating lineup of seasonal and limited-release brews. And if you’re looking for something truly unique, be sure to check out their smoked beers.
Gigantic Brewing is a relative newcomer to the Portland beer scene, but they’re already making a big impression. They offer a small but mighty selection of beers, all of which are big on flavor. If you’re looking for something different, be sure to check out Gigantic Brewing.
Why Portland is the Best City for Beer Lovers
Being home to some of the best breweries in the world, it’s no surprise that Portland is often referred to as the “The City of Beer.” But there’s more to Portland than just great breweries. Here are a few reasons why Portland is the best city for beer lovers.
- There’s a brewery for everyone: With over 70 breweries in Portland, there’s sure to be a style of beer for everyone. From hoppy IPAs to sour beers, you can find it all in Portland.
- The beer is fresh: With so many great breweries in such close proximity, the beer in Portland is always fresh. And with many breweries offering growlers and crowlers, you can take your favorite beer home with you.
- The beer is affordable: Craft beer can be expensive, but in Portland, you can find great beer at a reasonable price. With happy hours and drink specials at many of the breweries, you can enjoy quality beer without breaking the bank.
- There’s always something new to try: With new breweries popping up all the time, there’s always something new to try in Portland. Whether it’s a new style of beer or a new brewery, you can always find something new and exciting to drink in Portland.
- The people are passionate about beer: In Portland, beer is more than just a beverage—it’s a way of life. The people here are passionate about beer, and they’re always happy to share their knowledge and love of beer with visitors.
Whether you’re a beer lover or not, there’s no denying that Portland is a great place to drink beer. With so many great breweries and so much variety, it’s the perfect place to find your new favorite beer. So what are you waiting for? Grab a pint and start exploring Portland’s beer scene today.