Have you ever tried a Kool-Aid smoothie? We often cover coffee, tea, and beer, but today something a little different is happening.
After reading these recipes, you might want to. From healthier, fruit-infused smoothies, to straightforward Kool-Aid slushies, read on to learn how to make the most delicious Kool-Aid smoothie you can prepare at home.
If you want a simple, straightforward slushie that tastes just like a glass of Kool-Aid, look no further than this recipe.
- 1 cup water.
- ½ cup sweetened Kool-Aid drink mix (we recommend trying Black Cherry.)
- 3 cups of ice.
- Pour the water, Kool-Aid, and 1 of the cups of ice into a blender.
- Cover and then blend on high until smooth.
- Add the remaining 2 cups of ice.
- Blend on pulse until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Store leftovers in the freezer.
Kool-Aid and Fruit Smoothie
Kraft, the makers of Kool-Aid, recommends this recipe for making a delicious Kool-Aid Smoothie.
- 1 pouch of Kool-Aid Jammers Tropical Punch Fruit Beverage (or your favorite flavor.)
- ¾ cup vanilla nonfat yogurt.
- 1 banana, cut into pieces.
- 1 cup frozen strawberries (or other frozen fruit to go with the Kool-Aid flavor of your choice; if you chose a grape Kool-Aid, try frozen grapes!)
- ½ cup of ice cubes.
- Cut off the top corner of the drink pouch and pour the contents into a blender.
- Add yogurt, banana, and strawberry; blend until smooth.
- Add ice and blend on high speed until smoothie has thickened.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
Kool-Aid Fruit and Protein Smoothie
- 2 cups prepared black cherry, strawberry, or fruit punch flavored Kool-Aid (don’t use sugar-free).
- 2 sliced and peeled bananas.
- 8 oz of Greek vanilla yogurt.
- 1 tbsp honey.
- 1 tbsp of your favorite protein powder (try our favorites from SunWarrior or New Chapter).
- Pour prepared Kool-Aid drink into ice cube trays, and freeze until firm.
- Place bananas in a freezer container and freeze until firm.
- In the blender, place half of frozen Kool-Aid and all of the frozen bananas, yogurt, honey, and protein powder; cover and blend until smooth.
- Gradually add remaining Kool-Aid cubes and pulse until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
If a Kool-Aid protein smoothie sounds good to you, or if you want to take your Kool-Aid smoothie – or any smoothie – to the next level, try adding protein supplements from SunWarrior or New Chapter to your smoothie ingredients list.
SunWarrior is a small, growing health food company dedicated to making quality vegan, plant-based products for a better you, and a better planet. To give your smoothie a boost, try adding their Classic Protein Organic blend – it’s a delicious, smooth, vegan protein for an unrivaled fitness lifestyle.
New Chapter creates whole food supplements with many organic ingredients. Each product is made from a proprietary recipe of whole foods, live probiotics, and organic yeast. New Chapter’s Complete Organic Plant Protein + Fuel and Replenish makes a great addition to any smoothie, Kool-Aid, or otherwise. It’s a clean, organic, vegan protein that supports energy, hydration, and muscle recovery.
If you don’t have a blender and still want to make Kool-Aid smoothies (with or without protein blends,) try a Blender Bottle instead. Blender Bottles let you effortlessly whisk together ingredients – from Kool-Aid packets to protein powders – into a perfectly smooth beverage.
The Blender Bottle can mix together even the thickest of ingredients – so try it not only for smoothies, but also for homemade salad dressings or nutritional shakes.