09 Jul Parks You Can Drink Alcohol at in San Diego
CLICK IMAGE FOR MAP
You can only Drink Alcohol at about 10% of San Diego’s parks. Don’t get caught in the wrong park!
It could cost you $220. That’s over 30 Chipotle Burritos. Don’t put yourself in that situation.
Year after year, our precious, consumption-approved parks are reduced. Revocation of drinking can be issued for a handful of reasons. It could have been for something as common as a protesting neighbor. Or it could’ve been from something as complicated as beer bonging down a 30-foot slipe-n-slide. Either way, there are only a handful of parks left in San Diego that allow drinking. Out of over 180 parks, only 19 allow alcohol. Damn.
Are you willing to roll the dice? A few years ago, I was hanging out with a buddy in a mildly busy park. We had just finished college and were cheersing to a solid 4 years. Next to us we had an unsuspecting beach bag with 4 chilled cans. I didn’t even get the beer to mouth before the police officer caught our attention. Bam. $220.
Please note there are hour restrictions for drinking in the parks. 19 San Diego parks have 12-Hour Bans. A 12-Hour Ban means you CANNOT drink in the park from 8pm until 8am.
In addition to the 19 regional parks, there are 9 drinkable areas in Balboa Park. Those 9 areas have 16-Hour Bans. A 16-Hour Ban mean you CANNOT drink in the park from 8pm until noon. ALSO: Within Balboa Park, the 9 designated areas ONLY include the LAWN. Sidewalks and Hard Surfaces are not included in the authorized drinking lawns.
You CAN drink in the following 19 San Diego Parks
Reminder: they ALL have 12-Hour Bans from 8pm to 8am.
- Cabrillo Heights Neighborhood Park
- Carmel Creek Neighborhood Park
- Carmel Del Mar Neighborhood Park
- Bill Cleator Neighborhood Park
- Collier Neighborhood Park
- East Clairemont Athletic Area
- Gershwin Neighborhood Park
- Lake Murray Community Park
- Mount Acadia Neighborhood Park
- Murray Ridge Neighborhood Park
- Ocean Beach Community Park
- Olive Grove Community Park
- Pioneer Park (Mission Hills)
- Presidio Park
- Rancho Bernardo Community Park
- San Carlos Community Park
- Serra Mesa Community Park
- Solana Highland Neighborhood Park
- Tecolote Community Park’
You CAN drink in the following Balboa Park Areas
Reminder: they ALL have 16-Hour Bans from 8pm to noon.
- Botanical Building East Lawn
- Botanical Building West Lawn
- Federal Building Lawn
- House of Pacific Relations Lawn
- International Lawn
- Mall Lawn
- Moreton Bay Fig Lawn
- Pan American Plaza Lawn
- Recital Hall Lawn
Here’s the FULL Municipal Code
< http://docs.sandiego.gov/municode/MuniCodeChapter05/Ch05Art06Division00.pdf >
Beau & The Brew Project